Energy Financial Aid
Learn about the energy assistance programs availble to Minnesota citizens
Energy Assistance Program (EAP)
The Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps pay home heating costs. Households with the lowest incomes and highest energy costs receive the greatest benefit.
- Households who are at or below 60 percent of the state median income are eligible
- Size of grant is based on household size, income, fuel type and energy usage
- Households with the lowest income and highest fuel costs receive the highest grants
- Federally funded through U.S. Department of Human Services
- Funds are available for renters or homeowners
View the instructions, complete the Energy Assistance application form and send it to the agency serving your area. Please check the Provider List to locate the agency that serves your area.
Minnesota residents also may obtain an application and more information by calling 1-800-657-3710 to locate the local agency serving their county. To assist you better, please have a pen and paper available before calling the number.